Sunday, March 4, 2012
Response to Winter's Bone-- Into chapter 5
I am enjoying this required reading. You tend to rebel against requirements. This and all other readings from this class I have enjoyed quite a bit. I relate to Ree. Ree is in the most ridiculous of situations. Her worthless father putting up the house as bail is just icing on the cake. I am in the middle of her being on the hunt for him. The people she has gone to for help, however, don't seem to find Ree's situation to be too out of the ordinary. Ree is poor and strong. She is put in a situation where she needs to grow up and make decisions beyond her years.
I relate. I was also matched up with 2 people as my parents I had to take care of and clean up after. Ree seems rough and harsh and unrestrained. I am 90% soft, sweet and cool. But I completely have a Ree side. That is definitely part of the reason I am enjoying the book so much. I am cheering her on in her search and journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Shannen,
ReplyDeleteI think that youre right about the book. I think that I've enjoyed all of the assignments from this class, and that this one will be no diffrent. i can also relate to ree in a way because i have had to do a lot of searching to find members of my family as well, and if you come from where i come from, its much like the problems she has run into.
good job, cant wait to read more.
john
Shannen,
ReplyDeleteAlthough I agree with your post and sympathize that you had to go through a similar situation I do not think you followed the assignment guidelines. We were supposed to post a video response, write a poem or story relating to this one, or create a powerpoint about the story thus far.
I am also enjoying this book and hope it gets better for Ree.