Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Blog Post #1 Good Readers and Good Writers
This Article has completely inspired me. I have for years resignated with the "fact" that I was an awful writer. I have always been strong in Math and Science. So, I took it that I was left brained. Because of this problem I have avoided classes and situations involving too much writing. While reading this piece, I found the way Nabokov described a writer was marvelous. It made me crave imagination, creativity and the need to deliver knowledge. So I am thankful to begin this class with hope and faith that I can become something that's never been before.
I have found it hard to read in the past for whatever reason. Especially when it was about something that I found uninteresting or a waste of time. Novels to me are an investment of time and energy. I live a full life. I have fond memories of being wrapped up in a book, so much so that I could hardly wait to finish. Am I a good reader? Yes, when I am fully invested. And, yes when the author excites and entices me. I think Nabokov definition of a good in that they have "imagination, memory, a dictionary, and some artistic sense" is a great thing to strive for. I agree, and feel as though I will, at least for this class, give reading a second chance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment