Sunday, May 6, 2012
Technologies
Online learning and in person learning each have their different benefits and pitfalls. Some students benefit from one over the other but no one can say that one is better than the other because it depends on the individual's learning style. Online learning offers the benefit of being able to mold school to fit your personal schedule (depending on the instructor) and also the ability to re-watch lectures multiple times. In person learning offers the benefit of being able to receive immediate answers to your questions and also further elaboration on said question without the hassle of waiting for email replies.
One of the challenges of taking an English class in an online environment is clarification. If a student doesn't fully understand a certain topic, that student would have to send an email to the instructor and wait for a reply. If the reply doesn't fully answer the question then another email must be sent and then they have to wait for another reply. Another challenge is that of meeting deadlines. One reason many students take online classes is because their schedule doesn't allow for time to physically go to a classroom. For this reason, I feel that some leeway should be allowed by all online instructors to a point. Obviously if all the assigned work isn't in by the end of the semester then the student should be penalized by not receiving credit for the work not completed. However, if a student is tardy on an assignment, leeway should be given. A lot of students take classes on their personal computers from their own homes. Not all internet providers are always reliable. These are only a few examples of why an assignment may be late and why more than one "no questions asked" should be offered.
I think blogger was the most beneficial technology. I never knew how to write a blog before. Now I plan to write a monthly blog for my business. I hope to get a lot of followers. I liked the blogger the most for the reasons stated above. I plan on blogging for my business in the future. I also like Prezi and may use that for presentations in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment