Saturday, April 28, 2012
Reflecting On the Course
I have really enjoyed becoming a better writer. I was very afraid of failing this course. I had convinced myself that I was a terrible author. I have learned how to write an effective paper. This class has helped me this semester. I have had to write several other essays for different courses and I felt confident about my writing in doing so. In my current position at work I could further my business by writing a newsletter and making a blog. This course has given me more confidence to do these kind of things.
The readings in this class have been interesting. They have all been quite different and have affected me differently. The story of the Scrivener was touching because I grew to care about Bartleby's well-being. The more I read the more I wanted to protect him myself. A Modest Proposal was a delight to read. I honestly assumed there was no sense of humor in history. Swift did an amazing job at using irony and sarcasm to stress his point. I enjoyed Winter's Bone and Methland because it was more personal and it put the meth epidemic in perspective for me.
I have been able to more efficiently focus my statements in writing. I have had to redo and revise thesis statements dozens of times this spring. Selecting a voice has been important for my writing. I find where I would like to stand and write solely from that position. These are some of the new ways I have improved my writing
My biggest challenge this semester has been the online format. I have little motivation after a long day at work. I have had to find strength when there was none and I have had to dive deeper than my brain wanted to let me. I hate doing an assignment that requires mostly thinking in my current state of exhaustion. It is much easily to plug numbers in to a formula. However, I have pushed through...Mostly. A few late assignment cant deflate my pride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment